Lynnette Khalfani-Cox, The Money Coach, is a nationally known finance expert who draws upon her professional and personal experiences in guiding her own daughter toward winning more than $500,000 in college scholarships.
Millions of students dream of winning college scholarships to help pay for the college or university of their dreams. But getting scholarships in recent years has become increasingly competitive, difficult and time-consuming, just like the college admissions process.
This course shows interested parties – including students of all ages, parents, mentors, high school counselors and college access professionals – exactly how to give students an advantage in the hunt for college scholarships. The course explains, with real-life examples and practical advice, not just how to win more free money for college, but also how to make the scholarship process faster, easier, more targeted and less stressful.
Take this information-packed course and you'll gain access to 20 lectures, including 12 videos lasting about one-hour in total, and 8 brief articles and resources that you can read, download, customize and use in your own search for scholarships. The downloads and additional reading materials provided will focus your scholarship hunt and help you earn the scholarships, grants and other resources you need to pay for college – and not have to take out huge student loans.
After taking this course, you'll be able to:
- Win college scholarships, regardless of your grades, test scores, athletic ability or family income
- Target the very best scholarships sources available, and not waste precious time on other scholarship opportunities
- Identify your own personal qualities and interests that can help you earn scholarships and grants
- Leverage your family ties in smart ways that lead to scholarships
- Tap into "extra" sources of institutional aid offered by colleges and universities
- Use technology to make your scholarship hunt faster and easier
- Streamline the scholarship application process by creating two all-important, proven documents that help win scholarships
This course is for high school students and their parents who are looking for scholarships as a way to lower college costs.
This course would also be tremendously valuable for:
- high school guidance counselors that advise teens preparing for college
- college prep and college advocacy professionals who work with 9th through 12th graders
- community advocates who help college-bound students from low-to-moderate income families
- current college students looking for scholarships to help them complete their studies
Lynnette Khalfani-Cox, The Money Coach®
Lynnette Khalfani-Cox, The Money Coach®, is a personal finance expert, speaker, and author of 15 money-management books, including the New York Times bestseller Zero Debt: The Ultimate Guide to Financial Freedom and Perfect Credit, & Steps to a Great Credit Rating.
Lynnette has been seen on more than 1,000 TV segments nationwide, including television appearances on Oprah, Dr. Phil, The Dr. Oz Show, The Steve Harvey Show, Good Morning America, The TODAY Show, and many more.
A former financial news journalist, Lynnette now co-owns TheMoneyCoach.net LLC, a financial education company that she runs with her husband, Earl Cox.
Together, they offer a broad range of financial education consulting and services.
"Khalfani-Cox explains the financial aid process in detail, along with information about getting scholarships, work-study jobs, and tools for forecasting the true cost of higher education ... For every college expense a family encounters, Khalfani-Cox says there are multiple strategies to reduce out-of-pocket costs."
- Education Week
StartWinning scholarships even if you're not an A student or star athlete (7:56)
StartUsing your personal qualities and interests to win scholarships (2:58)
StartPipeline Programs help minorities, first-generation and international students
StartLeveraging your family ties to get free money for college
StartTuition discounts and scholarships for legacy students and more
StartApply what you've learned: Your unique traits and family connections
StartCan your family ties get you free money for college?
StartBonus tip: Crafting the perfect scholarship essay
StartLocal scholarships vs. national ones (7:02)
StartThe single best source of free money for college (5:48)
Start5 reasons your college or university is your best shot at scholarships
StartGetting additional sources of institutional aid (3:26)
StartSecret tuition waivers for out-of-state college students
StartThe scoop on getting college tuition waivers
StartExtra benefits and perks offered by colleges and universities
StartBonus tip: Avoiding four fatal scholarship mistakes
StartFull ride scholarships: rare but possible